The personal data we store
The following personal data may be collected, held, and processed by Go Enrol Ltd (the Company) on the websites it runs and the other products, services and features it provides (collectively referred to herein as the “Product” or “Products”, which may from time-to-time be updated at the sole discretion of the Company):
- Email addresses and name of subscribers to the newsletter, as well as IP address and anonymised behaviour information. This is held for the purposes of optimising the experience of using the site, reducing spam, and keeping people informed about: the latest developments in educational technology; our business activities; special offers; and events that Go Enrol are running or engaged in.
- Email addresses and contact details (including telephone number & address), bank details and financial information of freelancers, suppliers and clients of the Company. This is held to facilitate the day-to-day operational running of the business, our contracts and business obligations and to maintain communication.
- Facebook profile information, such as name, email address, and Facebook ID, if you choose to log in to the Products through Facebook.
- Device Information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content provided by the Products is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with information, products or services related to the Company that you will facilitate your engagement with the Products.
- To provide you with promotional communications, such as email, to the extent that you have provided consent to receive such communications under applicable law.
- To provide you with customer service communications.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Products, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Products.
- To understand your broad, non-specific geographic location to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country).
- To account for applicable sales taxes based on zip codes provided to our payment processors for purchases made through the Websites.
- To serve our advertisements to you through third party platforms, such as Facebook or Google, on other sites and apps or across your devices, to the extent that you have provided consent for such uses under applicable law
- To provide you with the SMS Service to the extent that you have provided consent for such practices under applicable law.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Products and of the fulfilment of your Product orders.
- Details of your visits to and interactions with the Products including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or in-Product communication) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to companies that host advertisements on our behalf, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
Information Posted on Forums
Go Enrol users may have the ability to post content to one or more Go Enrol forums. All such users may request and obtain removal of such posted content by contacting the Company at admin[at]goenrol.com and specifically identifying the content to be removed. Please be advised that any such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of all traces of the content posted on the Go Enrol forum(s).
Under GDPR there are a number of lawful reasons that the Comany can use (or ‘process’) your personal information. One of the lawful reasons is called ‘legitimate interest’ meaning that the Company can process your personal information if: we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
When you provide your personal details to us we use your information for our legitimate business interests to carry out providing information on education related matters. Before doing this, though, we will also carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights. Some typical examples of when we might use the approach are for preventing fraud, direct marketing, maintaining the security of our system, data analytics, enhancing, modifying or improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our campaigns.
The Company will regularly update you with details which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such updates you may contact us or opt out of the mailing.